Friday, February 22, 2013

Carry Me, Carry Me, Carry Me Now

If you are my friend on Facebook, you have most likely seen that I just got a new baby carrier, my beloved, organic, Ergo. I have noticed that when I wear him more, and follow his cues about wanting to be worn, or to be down and exploring, he is much happier, which in turn means I am much happier.

Yesterday, I was wearing Wilbur and dancing around the living room because he was quite grumpy. While we were dancing, we were listening to KLove, and a couple of songs came on that talked about how God carries us, and holds us, and comforts us when we need Him to.

As I listened to the songs, and sang them to Wilbur, it made me realize that Wilbur needing to be worn, and held, and carried, and comforted, is a need that God has ingrained in everyone of us. And when I wear, and hold, and carry, and comfort Wilbur, I am loving him as God loves us.

Yes, sometimes it is easy to get discouraged, and not want to wear Wilbur, or comfort him,  but now, I realize I have a heavenly example, the best parent ever to follow, and that gives me the patience I need to keep on wearing, keep on holding, keep on comforting, all the while, remembering that God is holding me, just as I am holding Wilbur. 


No comments: