Monday, January 7, 2013

One Crunchy Mamma

Another side of me is that I am crunchy, I am trying to go all natural with every part of life, food, cleaning, baby care, pregnancy, and so on. Some ways that I am trying to go crunchy are using only cloth diapers with Wilbur now. I first started because of the cost aspect, but after reading about the chemicals in diapers, I now have a really good reason to use only cloth diapers.

I had a drug free birth, and Wilbur has had no vaccines, and he won't, neither will Ken or I, or any of our future children. I am nursing Wilbur, and he doesn't have a pacifier, and only occasional bottles. None of our future children will have a pacifier, and only glass bottles when they have a bottle. I am going to nurse Wilbur as long as he wants to, and I make all his food, we do mostly Baby Led Weaning.

I make all my own cleaning supplies, out of basic ingredients, vinegar, citrus peels, and water. I like being able to have Wilbur in my arms, or in the baby carrier while I clean, and also being able to have his help as he gets older. I also make my own laundry detergent, and I am trying to find a recipe for dish soap.

I am starting to use herbs for healing, and as daily supplements instead of store bought vitamins. I am looking forward to the spring when I can forage for a few herbs outside, and also grow some. I am striving to go all real food, it is one step at a time, but we are slowly getting there.

I am also planning on switching over shampoo, soap, and other beauty accessories over to all natural substitutes.

Some steps I am working on right now are getting rid of all plastics that we put any food product in, and also all of Wilbur's toys that are plastic. I am also looking to stop buying all processed foods, and have fresh veggies and fruits more. I am also trying to get rid of all OTC drugs, and find a Naturopath for us to all go to for a Dr, and if I can't find one, we will continue to not go to the Dr.

If you have any questions, or want any of my cleaning recipes or if you have any tips, let me know!

No comments: